25% of a financing round, from $50,000-$500,000. As a global fund, we invest only when an approved local investor also participates in the financing.
Unreasonable Capital sits within the Unreasonable Group family, which supports entrepreneurs developing scalable solutions to global challenges through business mentorship programs that include Unreasonable Impact, Unreasonable Goals, and Project Literacy Lab. The Fund’s investments benefit from the access, partners, and knowledge within this network of over 200 partners (e.g. UNICEF, The World Bank, Google, and Nike), 250 mentors (e.g. founder of WordPress, CMO of Unilever, Director of Stanford’s d.school), and 50 partner investment funds (e.g. Acumen, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, 500 Startups). We see this combination as an Unreasonable Advantage that will help our entrepreneurs scale their businesses.
Rather than tracking dozens of impact metrics for our own reports, we support great companies whose impact is baked into their profit model. Therefore, revenue growth is directly linked to impact. To illustrate the equal focus on profit and impact, 50% of the investment team’s financial incentives are tied to the impact performance our investments. This incentive ensures we invest exclusively into companies at the nexus of both financial return and measurable impact.
Unreasonable Capital’s ability to support investments and generate insights is unmatched because we (i) spend less time on deal flow generation and more on investment support, and (ii) are a global investment fund, sharing best practices across geographies and industries. After we invest, we partner with entrepreneurs through weekly calls, developing entrepreneurs’ business strategy and financial models, helping manage boards of directors, connecting entrepreneurs across Unreasonable’s network.
To date, Unreasonable has launched a small portfolio of companies: UNREASONABLE.is, the Girl Effect Accelerator, Unreasonable at Sea, Unreasonable Alchemy, and of course, Unreasonable Capital. In addition we work closely with our sister organizations at Unreasonable East Africa, and Unreasonable Mexico.
Once we identify these investment opportunities, we then finance up to 25% of an entrepreneur’s capital raise if they secure the remaining 75% of the investment round from qualified investors. We see this as a way to ensure that entrepreneurs can leverage our dollars in their fundraising efforts and that ultimately, we drive significantly more investment dollars into worthy startups across emerging markets. Additionally, we require that one of the co-investors has an active presence in the region the venture is operating. We will place an investment only if all these criteria are met.
We are excited to brainstorm collaboration and to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to use the form on this page to write us a note or just email us directly at [email protected].
1919 14th Street, Suite 700
Boulder, CO 80302
Unreasonable Capital takes all reports of concerns or grievances seriously, whether related to our organization, those we invest in, or work with as partners. If you have a concern or grievance, we request you report it via the online form (linked here), or by leaving a voicemail (+1-413-308-0209). The results of all investigations can be monitored via the report (linked here). Please feel free to read more about Unreasonable Capital’s Concern and Grievance Policy and review procedure in this document.